The whole world is concentrating on the COVIN 19 efforts. InterManager focus stays on our members’ personnel especially at sea but also ashore.
Special Industry Welfare group had its first Virtual meeting took place yesterday and another one is scheduled for tomorrow.
Action points discussed and moved forward:
Letter to Inmarsat and KVH On behalf of the undersigned organisations we kindly requested that Inmarsat/KVH Industries facilitates the granting of additional free data and/or free Satellite calls for seafarers aboard vessels on international voyages for the next three months while the global Coronavirus crisis continues. This generous move/gesture will help enable seafarers to alleviate their sense of isolation and also reduce their anxiety about the situation of their family and friends back home.
Other issues discussed:
- Crew Changes
- Crew Certification – expiration and need for compulsory training, including Medical Certificates
- Shore leave
- Job Security, salary payments
- Personnel visiting ships in different ports
- New staff arriving after travelling through infected areas – being in potential contact with others
- Closure of Welfare Centres around the globe
- Provisioning of ships
- Spare parts
- Seafarers visits to the medical centres
- Delivery of WHO suggested equipment especially thermometers and PPE for visiting personnel
If there are any other issues Members are concerned and would like to be addressed please get in touch as soon as possible.
- Preparing Conference in Cyprus – 12th March 2020
- Preparing ExCom meeting 11th March 2020
- Preparing HEIG Enclosed Space Working group meeting 4th March 2020
- Preparing HEIG IMO Meeting 5th March 2020
- Organising Award Ceremony for Michael Lloyd – winner of the Enclosed Space Survey Award – 5th March 2020 – IMO
- PR Strategy meeting 3rd March 2020
- Travelling to London for HEIG meetings
- 03.2020 – 06.03.2020 – SSE 7 IMO, London, Capt. Paddy McKnight representing InterManager
- 03.2020 – London – IMO; Enclosed Space Working Group meeting; Capt. Kuba Szymanski and Capt. Paddy McKnight representing InterManager
- 03.2020 – London – IMO; HEIG meeting; Capt. Kuba Szymanski and Capt. Paddy McKnight representing InterManager
Advising members on coronavirus – please check this excellent website for latest developments.
All Travels cancelled
Mt Kilimanjaro August 2020
We are taking on this giant of the world in August 2020 and we are looking for participants now so that training can begin, and we can build a good plan for fundraising.
This is certainly one of life’s achievements and will not be forgotten easily!
Minimum sponsorship amount £5000.
Brochure and video being created.
I hope you’re well and will join me in a canoe or on a trek, maybe?
+ 44 7712 404130
Capt. Kuba Szymanski
+44 7624 498 266