- To federate and serve the needs of all companies involved in the management and crewing of ships
- To encourage the highest standards of ship operations, through innovation, creativity, and the sharing of knowledge
- To provide a forum for discussion on matters of common interest.
- To be the common voice of ship managers in the international forums and with international regulators.
- To advocate efficiency, quality and ethics in ship management
- To promote the image of shipping and the career of seafaring