THREAT AGAINST OIL & GAS INSTALLATIONS
Event: Militant threats
Date and Time: 25th January 2018
Location: Niger Delta, Nigeria
Description: The Coalition of Niger Delta Agitators (comprised of the Niger Delta Watchdogs, Niger Delta Volunteers, Niger Delta Warriors and the Bakassi Strike Force)
have issued a threat against multiple oil and gas installations.
A 90-day ultimatum was given to the Nigerian government to address the following issues:
- Implementation of restructuring and resource control.
- Return of oil blocks in the Niger Delta region to the Niger Delta people.
- Relocation of oil and gas companies’ headquarters to the Niger Delta region.
They also gave Fulani herdsmen one month to leave the Niger Delta region following repeated violent clashes between the nomadic herdsmen and local farmers.
Named targets are as follows:
- Oil fields: Usan; Ima; Okoro/Setu; Asabo, Okwok; Asuokpu/Umutu; Ebok; Obe; Akpo.
- OML: 112; 117.
- OPL: 215; 840; 733; 809; 810; 722; 905; 246; 110; 112; 117.
- O&G Companies: Total Nigeria Ltd; Exxon Mobil; Chevron; Intels; Addax Petroleum.