InterManager Daily News 25.05.2020.

1. Archer secures plug and abandonment contract from TAQA
Norwegian offshore service provider Archer has been awarded a contract for the provision of a modular drilling unit and associated services by Abu Dhabi-based TAQA.
Archer’s rig has been contracted by TAQA to perform a twenty-one well plug and abandonment campaign for their Northern North Sea Cormorant Alpha platform. https://splash247.com/archer-secures-plug-and-abandonment-contract-from-taqa/

2. Survey highlights shipping’s diversity challenges
Preliminary results from a Diversity Study Group survey highlight gender disparity at management level and need for progress on pay gap and workplace culture across maritime.
The survey aims to act as a barometer for diversity and inclusion across the shipping industry. By collecting data on the true state of shipping’s diversity picture, it aims to highlight where further work is needed and champion the benefits of diversity. https://splash247.com/survey-highlights-shippings-diversity-challenges/

3. Nanye Group takes control of CSC Phoenix
Chinese domestic dry bulk operator CSC Phoenix has announced that Nanye Group has become the controlling shareholder of the company through acquiring of additional shares on the stock exchange. https://splash247.com/nanye-group-takes-control-of-csc-phoenix/

4. Explosion rocks chemical tanker on Yangtze River
An explosion damaged the 2018-built chemical tanker Qiu Feng 6 on Wednesday and injured two crew members. The incident occurred when the vessel was sailing near Wuhu on the Yangtze River. A video of the incident shows the crew possibly washing the tank when the explosion happened. https://splash247.com/explosion-rocks-chemical-tanker-on-yangtze-river/

5. MAIB Warns Older Crew of Heightened Slip and Fall Risk
The UK Marine Investigation Branch is reminding older mariners that they are at heightened risk of slip and fall accidents following the death of a 72-year-old dredger captain in Rosyth, Scotland. The MAIB made the reminder in its report on its investigation into a 28 February 2019 incident during which the master of the dredger Cherry Sand was crushed between the vessel and a jetty after he fell while attempting to step ashore to assist berthing the vessel.
https://gcaptain.com/maib-warns-older-crew-of-heightened-slip-and-fall-risk/

6. NOAA Predicts Above-Normal 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season
Forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center have released their 2020 outlook predicting a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season. https://gcaptain.com/noaa-predicts-above-normal-2020-atlantic-hurricane-season/

7. Virtual hearings and a blended future for maritime arbitration: SCMA
Oza joined SCMA as executive director just as the world was plunging into lockdowns and travel bans bringing the traditional in-person model of arbitration, where parties often fly in from around the world for hearings, to a grinding halt. https://www.seatrade-maritime.com/finance-insurance/virtual-hearings-and-blended-future-maritime-arbitration-scma

8. Seven Japanese firms join hands to develop zero-emission electric vessel
The consortium aims to establish a platform that offers innovative ocean shipping infrastructure services based on electric vessels bringing to bear the strength, technological know-how, networks, and other advantages of each member company.
Under the first phrase of the project, e5 Consortium plans to launch the world’s first zero-emission electric tanker, powered by large-capacity lithium ion batteries, in March 2022. https://www.seatrade-maritime.com/environmental/seven-japanese-firms-join-hands-develop-zero-emission-electric-vessel

9. Crude tanker spot rates face negative impact in late-2020 and into 2021
Spot rates for crude tankers are expected to be negatively impacted later this year and into 2021, though tanker supply fundamentals can offer a positive counterbalance, according to Teekay Tankers. https://www.seatrade-maritime.com/tankers/crude-tanker-spot-rates-face-negative-impact-late-2020-and-2021

10. Sagarmala Is Passe: Government Begins Work On New Maritime Vision
The Shipping Ministry has started the work related to drafting a new blueprint for India’s maritime sector for the next decade. This comes after the coronavirus pandemic decimated the previously laid down assumptions and projections on trade that formed the basis for Sagarmala, the flagship maritime programme of the Narendra Modi-led government. https://www.shippingtribune.com/news/shipping/Sagarmala+is+passe%3A+Government+begins+work+on+new+maritime+vision

0 Comments

Leave a reply

©2020 InterManager - Promoting Excellence In Ship Management

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?