EFFECTIVE TEAMS AND MANNING STRATEGIES:
THE IMPACT ON SAFE AND EFFICIENT OPERATIONS
The Effective Crew Project Conference
Stable and fluid teams: Impacts on safety, welfare and finance.
31st January 2019
At the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) London
We are delighted to invite you to our Cross-Industry Conference where we will be disseminating the findings from the Effective Crew Project and hearing from focused panels to debate key issues arising from the research. There will be many opportunities for discussion and networking with stakeholders from Maritime, Healthcare, Professional Sports and Aviation industries among others. Post-conference drinks and canopies will be served in the delegate’s lounge at the IMO from 5.30 pm onwards.
Please click on the link below to register for the conference. This will ensure your place for the day and will allow us to keep you updated on related developments.
For further information about the project, please visit:
Enclosed Space Entry Campaign continues to be in the media this week:
Dear Member please be also advised of InterManager co-sponsored
Good Practice Guide for Shipping Companies & Manning Agents working with situations
involving missing seafarers
This guide covers managing relationships onboard, actions that should be taken, and managing relationships with the families of seafarers who have gone missing.
Available now from:
3 through 7 December – IMO – London – MSC 100 from Capt. Paddy McKnight representing InterManager – excellent report is now available from: https://www.intermanager.org/2018/12/imo-maritime-safety-committee-100th-session-3-7-december-2018/
Chairing BWMTech London 2018 Workshop on the 5th of December
Working on Members meeting in March in Cyprus – Working title:
Environmental challenges – are we prepared? Do we know how to advise our Owners?
Effective Teams and Manning strategies – Conference in IMO
Abandoned crews in UAE
Participating in IMO HEIG (Human Element Industry Group) Early December
Working with Solent University on their January IMO Conference
Working on Bi- Monthly Dispatch December issue
14th Arctic Shipping Summit, 13th & 14th March, 2019
- Operating Successfully in a Hostile Environment
- Overcoming Practical Challenges to Reach Polar Code Compliance
- Freedom of Trade in the Arctic
- Coordinating Global Aims for Arctic Development
- Improving Communication Systems in the Arctic to Advance Shipping Capabilities
- Keeping Up with Growing Demand for Vessels with Icebreaking Capacity
- Shipping Opportunities Arising from Arctic Mining and Extraction Projects
- Emerging Arctic Markets and Trade Routes
- Updating Infrastructure in Line With Increasing Maritime Activity
- Developing Arctic Tourism while Ensuring the Safety of Passengers, Crew and Local Communities and Wildlife
InterManager 20% discount – please use code: MASn8Ahsan
Capt. Kuba Szymanski
Mob: +44 7624 498 266