InterManager, has welcomed news that BIMCO has relaunched its Shipping KPI initiative after a two-year period of redesign.
InterManager was instrumental in developing the Shipping KPI project, but transferred it to BIMCO in 2015 to continue development of the project. BIMCO announced at the time it would take into account the broader needs of shipowners and operators as part of the continued development of the KPI standard.
BIMCO announced on Friday (23rd February) that it was relaunching the ship benchmarking tool and has a short-term target getting 10,000 ships into the system.
Captain Kuba Szymanski, Secretary-General of InterManager, said: “This is a fantastic project and I am delighted that BIMCO is taking it to the next stage. Those companies who are using Shipping KPIs are reporting many benefits. It is impossible to run an effective shipmanagement business without sound performance indicators.
“Our industry is committed to transparency and there isn’t a better tool than Shipping KPIs, where all stakeholders ‘speak the same language.’”
Shipping KPI helps shipowners and managers make strategic decisions about their fleet by comparing 33 different key performance indicators (KPSs). It enables users to compare performance parameters between ships of similar type, tonnage, trades or flag states, while remaining anonymous.
High Seas meeting in Southampton
Safe Manning vs. Sustainable Manning project – meetings in London
Dispatch – BI Monthly Magazine
Dispatches – weekly Newspaper
19-23 February, IMO Sub Committee on Navigation, Communications, Search & Rescue; Capt. Paddy McKnight representing InterManager – full report available from: https://www.intermanager.org/2018/02/imo-sub-committee-on-navigation-communication-and-search-rescue-19-23-february-2018/
Adopt a Ship – 2 new Schools
28 Feb – 1 Mar 2018 (NGOs) – US – Tenth Meeting of the Ad Hoc Working Group of the Whole on the Regular Process – Vice President George Hoyt representing InterManager
16th March Sailors’ Society’s Wellness at Sea Conference (WASC) on 16 March 2018, London
Adopt a Ship
InterManager has joined the Cyprus Chamber of Shipping initiated campaign Adopt A Ship.
As of this week we have:
33 classes and 6 School Libraries in Poland, 2 Universities in Poland, 1 kindergarten in Poland; 3 orphanages in India – 35 ships
Anyone interested to learn more about Adopt A Ship project please get in touch with Capt. Kuba Szymanski email@example.com
Sailors’ Society’s Wellness at Sea Conference (WASC) on 16 March 2018, London.
Following the success of the inaugural Wellness at Sea Conference in Singapore earlier this year, the 2018 agenda will address crew wellness and how this impacts on the health of the ship – and ultimately the health of the ship owner’s balance sheet.
A must-attend event for ship owners and all those concerned with the recruitment and retention of crews, WASC 2018 will:
- feature presentations from industry and academic experts
- explore all aspects of crew wellness
- highlight how ship operations impact on crew morale and retention (including digital communications, ship safety and cyber awareness).
- feature live polls, breakout discussions and a panel debate
- offer networking opportunities with other industry leaders
Speakers include: Paddy Rodgers (Euronav), Stuart Edmonston (UKP&I Club), Drew Brandy (Inmarsat) and Dr. Rafael Lefkowitz (Yale University)
Date: 16 March 2018
Timings: 9:00-17:30, followed by a drinks reception
Venue: 99 City Road Conference Centre, London
Cost: early bird £75 plus VAT to 31/12/17 (£99 plus VAT thereafter)
Delegate passes include: pre-conference pastries, coffee breaks, buffet lunch, drinks reception and canapés
For more on the conference and to book your place visit: www.sailorssocietywasc.org
ACI’s 20th Ballast Water Management Conference will be taking place in Vallejo, CA, USA on the 18th & 19th of April 2018. Please see the agenda hyperlinked here >> here-AGENDA
Below the standard MP agreement we would like to secure, the partnership that we generally have is a no cost, equal exposure opportunity. We would be willing to:
- Give conference discounted rates to your members/subscribers
- Hand out literature (magazines, journals, flyers, etc.) regarding your organisation at the conference
- Put your logo on our website with a direct link to you site
- Put your logo on the conference documentation (conference books, priority invitations, adverts, flyers, e-flyers, brochure that we send out to thousands of pre-qualified executives in our target audience)
All we ask in return is, please let us know which items are doable at your end:
- A calendar mention on your website + banner
- A newsletter listing
- An email broadcast to your database with conference information and details on the discount they are entitled
- Anything else you feel your organisation feel it can reasonably do to promote our conference as advert on magazine, list of people to invite on your behalf…
Already Confirmed Speakers Include:
- California State Lands Commission – Jonathan Thomson, Senior Environmental Scientist
- California State Lands Commission – Nicole Dobroski, Assistant Chief of the Marine Environmental Protection Division
- Crowley – J.K. Roy Choudhury – Director, Strategic Engineering
- DNV GL – Martin Olofsson – Senior Principal Engineer, Environmental Proteciotn
- FedNav Limited – Jereme Daoust – Manager, Owned Fleet
- Golden Bear Research Center – Christopher Brown, Scientific Program Manager
- Green Marine – Eleanor Kirtley – West Coast Program Manager
- INTERTANKO – Joseph J. Angelo, Deputy Managing Director
- Lake Carriers Association – Tom Rayburn, Director of Environmental and Regulatory Affairs
- Lake Superior Research Institute – Allegra Cangelosi, Senior Scientist Policy Analyst
- Lloyd’s Register Marine and Offshore – Ginger Carter, Americas Environmental & Sustainability Director
- Matson Navigation Company – Lisa Swanson, Director, Environmental Affairs
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories – Nick Welschmeyer, Faculty Member
- Mouawad Consulting – Jad Mouawad, Owner
- NAMEPA – Carleen Lyden-Kluss, Co-Founder/Executive Director, IMO Ambassador
If you are interested please contact Rafael Krupa firstname.lastname@example.org
16th -17th May in Antwerp, Belgium.
The European Environmental Ports Conference 2018. The event will bring together senior representatives from the global port community and shipping companies, as well as environmental policy-makers, academic experts, consultants, and technology providers.
The two-day event features informative presentations on the very latest challenges, solutions and developments in reducing emissions, pollution and energy consumption, as well as engaging discussion around the exciting potential of co-operation and symbiosis.
InterManager members are entitled to a 15% discount on registration. To claim contact Cheryl Williams on + 44 (0)203 141 0623 / email@example.com and quote MEPe2MKT
23-24 May Hamburg – Crew Connect Hamburg.
Full Members please get in touch for VIP pass
Capt. Kuba Szymanski
Mob: +44 7624 498 266