INTERMANAGER’S ONE-DAY INTERACTIVE SHIP MANAGEMENT FORUM
We are very pleased to report that our Forum last Monday was a great success, here are some figures:
Attendance 100% – 60 people – thank you
204 responses to our SLI.DO poll questions
41 questions asked via SLI.DO to 6 speakers
Here are some of the questions which were answered and comments made during our Forum :
- Do insurers have a view on ship manning levels
- How does a company reconcile hiring the ‘perfect’ Master (under facet 5) who then makes a lousy Superintendent when he moves to their offices ashore?!
- Personality tests reveal behavioural traits not performance potential. Without intervention they become deselection tools
- Profiling in APRO on who would be good for Master or Chief Eng How many did they actually get right?
- Effective recruitment and selection, based on a tick box questionnaire? Where’s the evidence?
- How accurate is personality assessment?
- We need to be better at selling ship to shore careers”. What are Faststream doing?
- How many medals do you hope the Isle of Man cycle team will win in the common wealth games
- When crew salary is ‘banked’ what interest is payable to them?
- Crew like to have cash in hand, therefore how do we change their perception of potential loss of funds being placed on the card
- Considering volatility of crypto currencies today, how can they be practically be used for payments in shipping?
- Bitcoin is consuming a massive amount of energy. Having our planet in mind would adoption of the industry be ethical?
30th January – ICS – London – International Lifeboat Group – Capt. Kuba Szymanski representing InterManager
Finishing touches to the InterManager Forum on the 5th February 2018
Work with Auditors
5th February London – InterManager Conference and Executive Committee Meeting
5-9 February, IMO Sub-Committee on Pollution, Prevention and Response; Capt. Paddy McKnight representing InterManager
6th February London – Superintendents Forum meeting – President Bjorn Jebsen and Kuba Szymanski representing InterManager
8th February – NI Technical Committee – Capt. Kuba Szymanski Representing InterManager.
19-23 February, IMO Sub Committee on Navigation, Communications, Search & Rescue; Capt. Paddy McKnight representing InterManager
28 Feb – 1 Mar 2018 (NGOs) – US – Tenth Meeting of the Ad Hoc Working Group of the Whole on the Regular Process – Vice President George Hoyt representing InterManager
16th March Sailors’ Society’s Wellness at Sea Conference (WASC) on 16 March 2018, London
Adopt a Ship
InterManager has joined the Cyprus Chamber of Shipping initiated campaign Adopt A Ship.
As of this week we have:
28 classes and 6 School Libraries in Poland, 2 Universities in Poland, 1 kindergarten in Poland; 3 orphanages in India – 31 ships
Anyone interested to learn more about Adopt A Ship project please get in touch with Capt. Kuba Szymanski firstname.lastname@example.org
ACI’s 12th Arctic Shipping Summit will be taking place 21-22 February, 2018 in Montreal, Canada.
The two day conference will consist of a number of informative presentations followed by interactive Q&A sessions, panel discussions and an open discussion to further involve the delegates. These talks will give a deep insight on the views shared from the different aspects of Arctic Shipping. We will explore and discuss current regulations and requirements from the IMO & the Coast Guard. Deeply examine commercial aspects, infrastructure and promising changes in cruise operations as well as the insurance challenges that are increasing ongoing. As well as this looking into training requirements and ship design options to help aid in the future of Arctic operations. The conference will bring together various key industry stake-holders including Ship-owners, Ship-mangers & associated solution providers, fuel solutions, IT & data associations, consultants & technology providers.
Telephone: +44 (0) 203 141 0606
Contact Name: Mohammad Ahsan
Conference Fee: Full Price £1595 (£240 Discount Code – MASn7MKT)
Link to the Website: http://www.wplgroup.com/aci/event/arctic-shipping-summit/
Sailors’ Society’s Wellness at Sea Conference (WASC) on 16 March 2018, London.
Following the success of the inaugural Wellness at Sea Conference in Singapore earlier this year, the 2018 agenda will address crew wellness and how this impacts on the health of the ship – and ultimately the health of the ship owner’s balance sheet.
A must-attend event for ship owners and all those concerned with the recruitment and retention of crews, WASC 2018 will:
- feature presentations from industry and academic experts
- explore all aspects of crew wellness
- highlight how ship operations impact on crew morale and retention (including digital communications, ship safety and cyber awareness).
- feature live polls, breakout discussions and a panel debate
- offer networking opportunities with other industry leaders
Speakers include: Paddy Rodgers (Euronav), Stuart Edmonston (UKP&I Club), Drew Brandy (Inmarsat) and Dr. Rafael Lefkowitz (Yale University)
Date: 16 March 2018
Timings: 9:00-17:30, followed by a drinks reception
Venue: 99 City Road Conference Centre, London
Cost: early bird £75 plus VAT to 31/12/17 (£99 plus VAT thereafter)
Delegate passes include: pre-conference pastries, coffee breaks, buffet lunch, drinks reception and canapés
For more on the conference and to book your place visit: www.sailorssocietywasc.org
ACI’s 20th Ballast Water Management Conference will be taking place in Vallejo, CA, USA on the 18th & 19th of April 2018. Please see the agenda hyperlinked here >> here-AGENDA
Below the standard MP agreement we would like to secure, the partnership that we generally have is a no cost, equal exposure opportunity. We would be willing to:
- Give conference discounted rates to your members/subscribers
- Hand out literature (magazines, journals, flyers, etc.) regarding your organisation at the conference
- Put your logo on our website with a direct link to you site
- Put your logo on the conference documentation (conference books, priority invitations, adverts, flyers, e-flyers, brochure that we send out to thousands of pre-qualified executives in our target audience)
All we ask in return is, please let us know which items are doable at your end:
- A calendar mention on your website + banner
- A newsletter listing
- An email broadcast to your database with conference information and details on the discount they are entitled
- Anything else you feel your organisation feel it can reasonably do to promote our conference as advert on magazine, list of people to invite on your behalf…
Already Confirmed Speakers Include:
- California State Lands Commission – Jonathan Thomson, Senior Environmental Scientist
- California State Lands Commission – Nicole Dobroski, Assistant Chief of the Marine Environmental Protection Division
- Crowley – J.K. Roy Choudhury – Director, Strategic Engineering
- DNV GL – Martin Olofsson – Senior Principal Engineer, Environmental Proteciotn
- FedNav Limited – Jereme Daoust – Manager, Owned Fleet
- Golden Bear Research Center – Christopher Brown, Scientific Program Manager
- Green Marine – Eleanor Kirtley – West Coast Program Manager
- INTERTANKO – Joseph J. Angelo, Deputy Managing Director
- Lake Carriers Association – Tom Rayburn, Director of Environmental and Regulatory Affairs
- Lake Superior Research Institute – Allegra Cangelosi, Senior Scientist Policy Analyst
- Lloyd’s Register Marine and Offshore – Ginger Carter, Americas Environmental & Sustainability Director
- Matson Navigation Company – Lisa Swanson, Director, Environmental Affairs
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories – Nick Welschmeyer, Faculty Member
- Mouawad Consulting – Jad Mouawad, Owner
- NAMEPA – Carleen Lyden-Kluss, Co-Founder/Executive Director, IMO Ambassador
If you are interested please contact Rafael Krupa email@example.com
16th -17th May in Antwerp, Belgium.
The European Environmental Ports Conference 2018. The event will bring together senior representatives from the global port community and shipping companies, as well as environmental policy-makers, academic experts, consultants, and technology providers.
The two-day event features informative presentations on the very latest challenges, solutions and developments in reducing emissions, pollution and energy consumption, as well as engaging discussion around the exciting potential of co-operation and symbiosis.
InterManager members are entitled to a 15% discount on registration. To claim contact Cheryl Williams on + 44 (0)203 141 0623 / firstname.lastname@example.org and quote MEPe2MKT
Capt. Kuba Szymanski
Mob: +44 7624 498 266