Only 2 working days till we see you in London at our Interactive Forum – looking forward to it.
Please be reminded that new edition of BI – Monthly Dispatch available from our website: https://www.intermanager.org/resources/dispatch/
We are delighted to inform that places for our
INTERMANAGER’S ONE-DAY INTERACTIVE SHIP MANAGEMENT FORUM
5th FEBRUARY 2018, Lloyd’s Register, 71 Fenchurch Street, EC3M 4BS London
Went within 48 hours. If you are still interested please quickly get in touch and we will put you on the waiting list.
08.15 – 09.00 Registration & coffee
09.00 Welcome: Bjørn Jebsen, President, InterManager
Introduction: Secretary General, InterManager & Forum Moderator
Session 1: Blockchain & Money Matters
09.05 Key Presentation: Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain for Shipping
Is shipping a quick adapter? Do we understand what is going on?
Aleksander Nowak, CIO, BlockEx
09.30 Distributed ledger for engineered systems: hype or hope?
Gary Pogson, Lead Specialist, Marine & Offshore Innovation Team, Lloyd’s Register
09.55 Welfare of Seafarers and Money
Analysing ship’s crew spending habits from a macro level
Mark Robertshaw, Senior Vice President, Sales & Commercial, Brightwell Payments
10.20 Q&A with session speakers
Session 2: My Rod and My Staff
11.10 Key Presentation: What feeds your decision making?
Phil Kelly, Director & Head of Human Performance, Pro-Noctis & TED speaker
11.35 Seafarers & Shore Personnel
Latest updates – statistics and trends
Mark Charman, Founder & CEO, Faststream Recruitment Group
12.00 Personality Profiling for Shipping
Do you know the personalities of your Captains and Chief Engineers, and how critical is this?
Grant Gemmell, Global Head of Operations, Facet 5
12.15 Best Seafarers DNA
Who are our people at sea? What do they represent? How do we measure it?
Roger Ringstad, Managing Director, Seagull Maritime
12.30 Q&A with session speakers
Session 3: The Next Chapter
13.45 Big Challenges, Big Opportunities
How ShipServ is working with ship managers to understand and address some of their challenges
Mikael Weis, COO, ShipServ
14.10 Reshaping safety culture by embracing failure
Yuzuru Goto, Managing Director, “K” Line LNG Shipping (UK)
14.35 Safe Manning v Sustainable Manning
A new InterManager project
Kuba Szymanski, Secretary General, InterManager
14.50 Q&A with session speakers
15.20 – 15.30 Closing remarks & conclusions
Participants are also reminded to check sli.do with event code #InterMan18
Lecturing in Poland
Working on 5th February InterManager’s forum
Demands for Payments – Industry Practice
Adopt a Ship project
30th January – ICS – London – International Lifeboat Group – Capt. Kuba Szymanski representing InterManager
Finishing touches to the InterManager Forum on the 5th February 2018
Work with Auditors
5th February London – InterManager Conference and Executive Committee Meeting
5-9 February, IMO Sub-Committee on Pollution, Prevention and Response; Capt. Paddy McKnight representing InterManager
8th February – NI Technical Committee – Capt. Kuba Szymanski Representing InterManager.
19-23 February, IMO Sub Committee on Navigation, Communications, Search & Rescue; Capt. Paddy McKnight representing InterManager
16th March Sailors’ Society’s Wellness at Sea Conference (WASC) on 16 March 2018, London
Adopt a Ship
InterManager has joined the Cyprus Chamber of Shipping initiated campaign Adopt A Ship.
As of this week we have:
28 classes and 6 School Libraries in Poland, 2 Universities in Poland, 1 kindergarten in Poland; 3 orphanages in India – 31 ships
Anyone interested to learn more about Adopt A Ship project please get in touch with Capt. Kuba Szymanski email@example.com
ACI’s 12th Arctic Shipping Summit will be taking place 21-22 February, 2018 in Montreal, Canada.
The two day conference will consist of a number of informative presentations followed by interactive Q&A sessions, panel discussions and an open discussion to further involve the delegates. These talks will give a deep insight on the views shared from the different aspects of Arctic Shipping. We will explore and discuss current regulations and requirements from the IMO & the Coast Guard. Deeply examine commercial aspects, infrastructure and promising changes in cruise operations as well as the insurance challenges that are increasing ongoing. As well as this looking into training requirements and ship design options to help aid in the future of Arctic operations. The conference will bring together various key industry stake-holders including Ship-owners, Ship-mangers & associated solution providers, fuel solutions, IT & data associations, consultants & technology providers.
Telephone: +44 (0) 203 141 0606
Contact Name: Mohammad Ahsan
Conference Fee: Full Price £1595 (£240 Discount Code – MASn7MKT)
Link to the Website: http://www.wplgroup.com/aci/event/arctic-shipping-summit/
Sailors’ Society’s Wellness at Sea Conference (WASC) on 16 March 2018, London.
Following the success of the inaugural Wellness at Sea Conference in Singapore earlier this year, the 2018 agenda will address crew wellness and how this impacts on the health of the ship – and ultimately the health of the ship owner’s balance sheet.
A must-attend event for ship owners and all those concerned with the recruitment and retention of crews, WASC 2018 will:
- feature presentations from industry and academic experts
- explore all aspects of crew wellness
- highlight how ship operations impact on crew morale and retention (including digital communications, ship safety and cyber awareness).
- feature live polls, breakout discussions and a panel debate
- offer networking opportunities with other industry leaders
Speakers include: Paddy Rodgers (Euronav), Stuart Edmonston (UKP&I Club), Drew Brandy (Inmarsat) and Dr. Rafael Lefkowitz (Yale University)
Date: 16 March 2018
Timings: 9:00-17:30, followed by a drinks reception
Venue: 99 City Road Conference Centre, London
Cost: early bird £75 plus VAT to 31/12/17 (£99 plus VAT thereafter)
Delegate passes include: pre-conference pastries, coffee breaks, buffet lunch, drinks reception and canapés
For more on the conference and to book your place visit: www.sailorssocietywasc.org
ACI’s 20th Ballast Water Management Conference will be taking place in Vallejo, CA, USA on the 18th & 19th of April 2018. Please see the agenda hyperlinked here >> here-AGENDA
Below the standard MP agreement we would like to secure, the partnership that we generally have is a no cost, equal exposure opportunity. We would be willing to:
- Give conference discounted rates to your members/subscribers
- Hand out literature (magazines, journals, flyers, etc.) regarding your organisation at the conference
- Put your logo on our website with a direct link to you site
- Put your logo on the conference documentation (conference books, priority invitations, adverts, flyers, e-flyers, brochure that we send out to thousands of pre-qualified executives in our target audience)
All we ask in return is, please let us know which items are doable at your end:
- A calendar mention on your website + banner
- A newsletter listing
- An email broadcast to your database with conference information and details on the discount they are entitled
- Anything else you feel your organisation feel it can reasonably do to promote our conference as advert on magazine, list of people to invite on your behalf…
Already Confirmed Speakers Include:
- California State Lands Commission – Jonathan Thomson, Senior Environmental Scientist
- California State Lands Commission – Nicole Dobroski, Assistant Chief of the Marine Environmental Protection Division
- Crowley – J.K. Roy Choudhury – Director, Strategic Engineering
- DNV GL – Martin Olofsson – Senior Principal Engineer, Environmental Proteciotn
- FedNav Limited – Jereme Daoust – Manager, Owned Fleet
- Golden Bear Research Center – Christopher Brown, Scientific Program Manager
- Green Marine – Eleanor Kirtley – West Coast Program Manager
- INTERTANKO – Joseph J. Angelo, Deputy Managing Director
- Lake Carriers Association – Tom Rayburn, Director of Environmental and Regulatory Affairs
- Lake Superior Research Institute – Allegra Cangelosi, Senior Scientist Policy Analyst
- Lloyd’s Register Marine and Offshore – Ginger Carter, Americas Environmental & Sustainability Director
- Matson Navigation Company – Lisa Swanson, Director, Environmental Affairs
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories – Nick Welschmeyer, Faculty Member
- Mouawad Consulting – Jad Mouawad, Owner
- NAMEPA – Carleen Lyden-Kluss, Co-Founder/Executive Director, IMO Ambassador
If you are interested please contact Rafael Krupa firstname.lastname@example.org
Capt. Kuba Szymanski
Mob: +44 7624 498 266