We are very sorry for delay with this week’s Dispatches, we wanted to include below Press Realease:
Is Shipmanagement Ready for Blockchain Technology?
Is the shipmanagement industry ready for the new wave of blockchain and cryptocurrency technology that is taking the world by storm?
That is the question being posed by the international ship managers’ body InterManager, which will focus on this issue at its interactive Ship Management Forum next month.
The conference, taking place in London on February 5th, will open with its first session Money Matters with a key presentation on Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain for Shipping.
Aleksander Nowak, CIO of BlockEx, will cover topics including: ‘is shipping a quick adapter’ and ‘blockchain for shipping’, and provide a thought-provoking insight into how the industry will adapt to this new paradigm shift in technology. Other topics due to be discussed during the conference are ‘welfare of seafarers and money’ and ‘seafarers and shore personnel’.
The InterManager annual conference, sponsored by Brightwell Payments, Seagull, ShipMoney and ShipServ, has been developed to allow full audience participation using online tools to enable delegates to interact with the speakers throughout the debate and take part in live polls.
During the event InterManager, the third party and in-house ship managers trade association, will also be updating delegates on a number of its own projects, including ‘Best Seafarers’ DNA’ and ‘Safe Manning V Sustainable Manning’.
Secretary-General of InterManager Captain Kuba Szymanski said: “This is going to be a fantastic conference for ship managers with an excellent line-up of speakers. Delegates will be very interested to hear about how cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is going to affect the industry in the next few years to come. Are we, as ship managers, ready for it and what can the industry expect from it, are the questions we will be debating.
“The conference will also be heavily discussing our people, the men and women out at sea. We will be looking to our audience to help us debate the important questions surrounding crew welfare. Are we managing them correctly? Are we paying them enough? What can we do to make their important jobs better and to sustain a viable future for our seafarers?”
The conference is free to members and is being held the Lloyd’s Register building. All attendees must register their interest with Capt Szymanski by emailing email@example.com
We would also like to welcome our new Associate Member – Ecochlor http://ecochlor.com/
Expert in Ballast Water Treatment.
Working on the 5th of February event InterManager Conference and Executive Committee Meeting
Ship Plan Maintenance Documentation requirements Project
InterManager Shipping KPIs benchmarking
Sustainable manning project
Dispatch – Bi Monthly Magazine – next issue 10th January
Meetings in London
Move to the Isle of Man
Working on the event on the 5th of February
Working on Superintendency Project
Working with new Members
Working on Bi Monthly Dispatch
Working on AGM – 11th September 2018 in London
5th February London – InterManager Conference and Executive Committee Meeting
16th March Sailors’ Society’s Wellness at Sea Conference (WASC) on 16 March 2018, London
Adopt a Ship
InterManager has joined the Cyprus Chamber of Shipping initiated campaign Adopt A Ship.
As of this week we have:
25 classes and 6 School Libraries in Poland, 2 Universities in Poland, 1 kindergarten in Poland; 3 orphanages in India – 30 ships
Anyone interested to learn more about Adopt A Ship project please get in touch with Capt. Kuba Szymanski firstname.lastname@example.org
ACI’s 12th Arctic Shipping Summit will be taking place 21-22 February, 2018 in Montreal, Canada.
The two day conference will consist of a number of informative presentations followed by interactive Q&A sessions, panel discussions and an open discussion to further involve the delegates. These talk will give a deep insight on the views shared from the different aspects of Arctic Shipping. We will explore and discuss current regulations and requirements from the IMO & the Coast Guard. Deeply examine commercial aspects, infrastructure and promising changes in cruise operations as well as the insurance challenges that are increasing ongoing. As well as this looking into training requirements and ship design options to help aid in the future of Arctic operations. The conference will bring together various key industry stake-holders including Ship-owners, Ship-mangers & associated solution providers, fuel solutions, IT & data associations, consultants & technology providers.
Telephone: +44 (0) 203 141 0606
Contact Name: Mohammad Ahsan
Conference Fee: Full Price £1595 (£240 Discount Code – MASn7MKT)
Link to the Website: http://www.wplgroup.com/aci/event/arctic-shipping-summit/
Sailors’ Society’s Wellness at Sea Conference (WASC) on 16 March 2018, London.
Following the success of the inaugural Wellness at Sea Conference in Singapore earlier this year, the 2018 agenda will address crew wellness and how this impacts on the health of the ship – and ultimately the health of the ship owner’s balance sheet.
A must-attend event for ship owners and all those concerned with the recruitment and retention of crews, WASC 2018 will:
- feature presentations from industry and academic experts
- explore all aspects of crew wellness
- highlight how ship operations impact on crew morale and retention (including digital communications, ship safety and cyber awareness).
- feature live polls, breakout discussions and a panel debate
- offer networking opportunities with other industry leaders
Speakers include: Paddy Rodgers (Euronav), Stuart Edmonston (UKP&I Club), Drew Brandy (Inmarsat) and Dr. Rafael Lefkowitz (Yale University)
Date: 16 March 2018
Timings: 9:00-17:30, followed by a drinks reception
Venue: 99 City Road Conference Centre, London
Cost: early bird £75 plus VAT to 31/12/17 (£99 plus VAT thereafter)
Delegate passes include: pre-conference pastries, coffee breaks, buffet lunch, drinks reception and canapés
For more on the conference and to book your place visit: www.sailorssocietywasc.org
ACI’s 20th Ballast Water Management Conference will be taking place in Vallejo, CA, USA on the 18th & 19th of April 2018. Please see the agenda hyperlinked here >> here-AGENDA
Below the standard MP agreement we would like to secure, the partnership that we generally have is a no cost, equal exposure opportunity. We would be willing to:
- Give conference discounted rates to your members/subscribers
- Hand out literature (magazines, journals, flyers, etc.) regarding your organisation at the conference
- Put your logo on our website with a direct link to you site
- Put your logo on the conference documentation (conference books, priority invitations, adverts, flyers, e-flyers, brochure that we send out to thousands of pre-qualified executives in our target audience)
All we ask in return is, please let us know which items are doable at your end:
- A calendar mention on your website + banner
- A newsletter listing
- An email broadcast to your database with conference information and details on the discount they are entitled
- Anything else you feel your organisation feel it can reasonably do to promote our conference as advert on magazine, list of people to invite on your behalf…
Already Confirmed Speakers Include:
- California State Lands Commission – Jonathan Thomson, Senior Environmental Scientist
- California State Lands Commission – Nicole Dobroski, Assistant Chief of the Marine Environmental Protection Division
- Crowley – J.K. Roy Choudhury – Director, Strategic Engineering
- DNV GL – Martin Olofsson – Senior Principal Engineer, Environmental Proteciotn
- FedNav Limited – Jereme Daoust – Manager, Owned Fleet
- Golden Bear Research Center – Christopher Brown, Scientific Program Manager
- Green Marine – Eleanor Kirtley – West Coast Program Manager
- INTERTANKO – Joseph J. Angelo, Deputy Managing Director
- Lake Carriers Association – Tom Rayburn, Director of Environmental and Regulatory Affairs
- Lake Superior Research Institute – Allegra Cangelosi, Senior Scientist Policy Analyst
- Lloyd’s Register Marine and Offshore – Ginger Carter, Americas Environmental & Sustainability Director
- Matson Navigation Company – Lisa Swanson, Director, Environmental Affairs
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories – Nick Welschmeyer, Faculty Member
- Mouawad Consulting – Jad Mouawad, Owner
- NAMEPA – Carleen Lyden-Kluss, Co-Founder/Executive Director, IMO Ambassador
If you are interested please contact Rafael Krupa email@example.com
Capt. Kuba Szymanski
Mob: +44 7624 498 266