1. COSCO Purchase Green Lit
will own 90.1 percent of Orient Overseas (International) Ltd. and Shanghai International Port (Group) Co., Ltd. will own the remaining 9.9 percent share. COSCO’s shareholders approved the acquisition in October, and COSCO and OOIL also revealed in October
that U.S. government regulators found no antitrust violations with the proposed deal.
an appeal against their convictions on weapons charges and have been released from prison. Askins has to explain the international maritime legal principles of innocent passage and the complexities of the private maritime security world to sceptical local
judges. The real challenge was maintaining the trust of the clients on a rollercoaster ride through the Indian legal system.
3. Liz Meets Big Liz
for the first time. Princess Anne, Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson and First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Philip Jones also attended. The ceremony took place on the giant hangar deck of the £3.1bn carrier. "HMS Queen Elizabeth" and its sister ship "HMS Prince of
Wales" are the most expensive in the Royal Navy’s history.
Marine insurer North P&I Club marked the 10th anniversary of its office in Singapore with a reception in Duxton Hill, attended by ship owners and representatives of the Singaporean and Asia-Pacific shipping community. The Clubs Singapore office has expanded
to 17 staff over the past decade, providing P&I, freight, demurrage and defence (FD&D) claims, and loss prevention services that complement its additional Asia-Pacific offices in Hong Kong and China, as well as Japan, where North observed its fifth anniversary
in Tokyo this year.
Galini port, southwest Crete, and searched. About 10 tons of hashish were found in tugs cargo hold, hidden beneath drums. All 6 crew of Syrian nationality were arrested, and there have even been reports of a shootout taking place during seizure of the ship.
run by MVV Environment Services Ltd (MVVD).
Hospital on January 13 this year.
The worlds greenest ever expedition ship part luxury cruise vessel and part research station will be launched next year. The MS Roald Amundsen will be setting sail in 2018 destined for the seas and oceans around South America and Antarctica. On its first
voyages, it will explore the fjords of Chile, the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Patagonia, the Polar Circle, and the wilderness of the White Continent.
ports because of the sub-standard conditions they are in, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said. The 81 metre,1598 ton ship left Turkey on March 25 , stopped in Italy on April 27, and since May 31 has been detained at Sharpness in the Stroud district after
the intervention of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
a distributed sensor network. Each smart float would contain a suite of commercially available sensors to collect environmental datasuch as ocean temperature, sea state, and locationas well as activity data about commercial vessels, aircraft, and even maritime
mammals moving through the area. The floats would transmit data periodically via satellite.
paper, released on 7 December, highlights the challenges and best practices that ship managers and Masters should consider when planning and executing a transit of the Northern Sea Route, so that they can make an informed decision about the transit.
Daily news feed from Seacurus Ltd providers of MLC crew insurance solutions
Registered in England No. 5201529
Telephone: +44 191 4690859
Facsimile: +44 191 4067577
Registered Office: Suite 3, Level 3,
Baltic Place West, Baltic Place,
South Shore Road,
This message, and any associated files, are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it was addresses and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately.