Please visit our website and submit your petition to your local government to END THE PIRACY www.intermanager.org
21 June – Fairplay Cup – Port Solent – InterManager represented by Alastair Evitt and Kuba Szymanski
Excellent event with 21 boats. Our boat came 15th – room for improvement next year
27-28 June – London – Joint Conference GVF and InterManager – 7th Maritime Insights Europe 2012 – Readers of Dispatches admission free
As we speak – very well attended and ultra interesting as both sides (providers and end users – us) meet and challenge each other.
02-07 July – IMO – Nav Session – Paddy McKnight attending
5th July 2012, Glasgow, Ship Lifecycle Management Conference – Alastair Evitt Speaks on behalf of InterManager
11th July – London – ”Claims Handling and the ISM Code – Pitfalls and Tricks,” or ”How Your SMS Can be Used Against you in Court!” – Hill Dickinson Seminar – Ian McLean organising and speaking for InterManager members
29-31 August – Maritime Safety Conference – Copenhagen – Kuba Szymanski speaking
Discounts and offers for members:
27-28 June 2012 – London – Maritime Insights Europe 2012: Expanding Communications with Fixed & Mobile Networking Solutions to Further Horizons is the 7th in a series of conferences – organised by GVF (the global association of the satellite communications industry) and EMP (Event Management Partners) – to take a comprehensive overview of the multiple segments, and multiple facets, of the maritime communications market as it inevitably and progressively occupies the satellite broadband space.
The conference programme will also include, for the second time, the partnership and participation of InterManager, the international ship management association. Following InterManager’s significant contribution to the programme of the 6th conference in the GVF-EMP Broadband Maritime Series in Singapore in February 2012, the Association brings to the programme of the London conference the unique perspectives of the professional sea-faring community.
Diploma in Ship Management
Study this unique diploma qualification; designed for today’s Ship Managers to meet essential industry standards. Join this world renowned programme and over 1,500 students who have already enrolled! Delivered by part-time distance learning over 12 months – flexible learning, wherever you are. Starts 24th September 2012. Email email@example.com or visit www.lloydsmaritimeacademy.com/FLP2257NE301
On 11 July there will be a free seminar in our London office entitled:
”Claims Handling and the ISM Code – Pitfalls and Tricks,” or ”How Your SMS Can be Used Against you in Court!”
Members of InterManager are welcome free of charge
There will be a light lunch at 12:30 and the talk will start at 1300, lasting for approximately an hour including questions.
Anyone wishing to attend should contact Silvia to reserve a place. Silvia.Krolage@hilldickinson.com
Venue: Hill Dickinson office at Irongate House, Dukes Place, London EC3A 7HX.
The 2nd Annual Combating Piracy: West African Maritime Security, taking place on the 10th & 11th July in Accra, Ghana will move these vital discussions on. With a speaker line-up including the Honourable Alhaji Collins Dauda, the Minister for Transport for Ghana, the conference will deliver the latest intelligence on the current maritime crime situation in West Africa. For more information about the completed speaker faculty and agenda please visit our event website to download the brochure.
Receive up to $400 off the standard prices by booking before Friday 25th May. To secure your place, simply reply to this email quoting the booking code: EM7 or:
Call: +44 (0)20 3141 8700
InterManager members additional 15% discount
The 3rd IMarEST Condition Based Maintenance Conference taking place on 26 – 27 September 2012 will have as its theme “the removal of obstacles to cultural change” and aims to determine what will be the tipping point for widespread adoption of CBM within organisations.
InterManager Members can register to attend at the ‘Marine Partner’ rate and also save £150 off fees before 3 August 2012 – representing 25% savings. Quote “InterManager VIP-CBM”
Call: +44 (0)20 7382 2702; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; visit: www.imarest.org/events
Combating Piracy Week 22 – 26 October 2012, London www.combating-piracy.com
Combating Piracy Week will bring together over 200 senior security representatives from across the shipping and oil and gas industries to hear the latest thinking on practical security measures and gain intelligence on current levels of political involvement. You’ll leave armed with new intelligence to create a robust and tailored security strategy to protect your offshore assets from piracy and maritime crime. For more information on this flagship meeting, simply visit www.combating-piracy.com or email email@example.com. Intermanager members are eligible for a 15% discount off the conference registration fee, simply quote the priority booking code: INTERMANAGER when registering.
What will you learn at Combating Piracy Week?
• Access data analysed and explained by the IMB, IMO and EUNAVFOR to make sure you are aware of the emerging and existing threats to your organisation
• Understand how the fight against piracy is evolving and how your security strategy needs to evolve with it: Assessing the implications of the land-based assaults carried out by EUNAVFOR on pirate clans and the ongoing debate surrounding the payment of ransoms
• Hear the successes and failures of recent innovations in protection technologies and conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the latest technologies
• Understand how private armed security companies will be regulated and the implications this will have on your operations: Make sure your private armed security teams work within the realm of the law
• Engage with political decision makers to make sure your industry needs are taken into account when directing future policy
• Have your company’s specific challenges tackled by recognised experts in dedicated 3-hour interactive workshops: Share experiences with your industry peers and access the expert knowledge of your workshop facilitator
• Benefit from hearing from an unparalleled expert speaker panel representing the vast array of key stakeholders all bringing you the latest filtered information to stay one step ahead of the pirates
• Learn key lessons from your peers during dedicated networking time with a room packed with senior security experts from across the global shipping and oil & gas industries
For more information or to register, please visit www.combating-piracy.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t forget your booking code: INTERMANAGER.
26-27 September 2012, Singapore Green Ship Technology Asia Conference
http://www.informamaritime.com/FKT2369IMEM 20% InterManager discount * VIP Code: FKT2369IMEM
T: +44 (0) 20 7017 5511 E: email@example.com
14-15 November 2012, London 25th International Ship Finance & Investment Conference
http://www.informamaritime.com/FKT2382IMEM 20% InterManager discount * VIP Code: FKT2382IMEM
T: +44 (0) 20 7017 5511 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Capt. Kuba Szymanski
+44 7624 498 266