Please visit our website and submit your petition to your local government to END THE PIRACY www.intermanager.org
06 June – Athens – KPI Expert Group meeting
07 June – Athens – POSIDONIA – InterManager ExCom
08 June – Athens – KPI Association – Board of Directors meeting
12 June – London Lloyds Informa – Technical Ship management Conference – KPI presentation – Kuba Szymanski
14 June – London Lloyds Informa – Controlling Ops Costs – Kuba Szymanski speaking
14 June – Safety at Sea Awards Gala dinner – Kuba Szymanski attending on behalf of InterManager
15 June – Lloyds Register Japanese Golf Day – Paddy McKnight representing InterManager
21 June – Fairplay Cup – Port Solent – InterManager represented by Alastair Evitt and Kuba Szymanski
27-28 June – London – Joint Conference GVF and InterManager – 7th Maritime Insights Europe 2012 – Readers of Dispatches admission free
02-07 July – IMO – Nav Session – Paddy McKnight attending
29-31 August – Maritime Safety Conference – Copenhagen – Kuba Szymanski speaking
Discounts and offers for members:
27-28 June 2012 – London – Maritime Insights Europe 2012: Expanding Communications with Fixed & Mobile Networking Solutions to Further Horizons is the 7th in a series of conferences – organised by GVF (the global association of the satellite communications industry) and EMP (Event Management Partners) – to take a comprehensive overview of the multiple segments, and multiple facets, of the maritime communications market as it inevitably and progressively occupies the satellite broadband space.
The conference programme will also include, for the second time, the partnership and participation of InterManager, the international ship management association. Following InterManager’s significant contribution to the programme of the 6th conference in the GVF-EMP Broadband Maritime Series in Singapore in February 2012, the Association brings to the programme of the London conference the unique perspectives of the professional sea-faring community.
Diploma in Ship Management
Study this unique diploma qualification; designed for today’s Ship Managers to meet essential industry standards. Join this world renowned programme and over 1,500 students who have already enrolled! Delivered by part-time distance learning over 12 months – flexible learning, wherever you are. Starts 24th September 2012. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.lloydsmaritimeacademy.com/FLP2257NE301
The 2nd Annual Combating Piracy: West African Maritime Security, taking place on the 10th & 11th July in Accra, Ghana will move these vital discussions on. With a speaker line-up including the Honourable Alhaji Collins Dauda, the Minister for Transport for Ghana, the conference will deliver the latest intelligence on the current maritime crime situation in West Africa. For more information about the completed speaker faculty and agenda please visit our event website to download the brochure.
Receive up to $400 off the standard prices by booking before Friday 25th May. To secure your place, simply reply to this email quoting the booking code: EM7 or:
Call: +44 (0)20 3141 8700
InterManager members additional 15% discount
Combating Piracy Week 22 – 26 October 2012, London www.combating-piracy.com
Combating Piracy Week will bring together over 200 senior security representatives from across the shipping and oil and gas industries to hear the latest thinking on practical security measures and gain intelligence on current levels of political involvement. You’ll leave armed with new intelligence to create a robust and tailored security strategy to protect your offshore assets from piracy and maritime crime. For more information on this flagship meeting, simply visit www.combating-piracy.com or email email@example.com. Intermanager members are eligible for a 15% discount off the conference registration fee, simply quote the priority booking code: INTERMANAGER when registering.
What will you learn at Combating Piracy Week?
• Access data analysed and explained by the IMB, IMO and EUNAVFOR to make sure you are aware of the emerging and existing threats to your organisation
• Understand how the fight against piracy is evolving and how your security strategy needs to evolve with it: Assessing the implications of the land-based assaults carried out by EUNAVFOR on pirate clans and the ongoing debate surrounding the payment of ransoms
• Hear the successes and failures of recent innovations in protection technologies and conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the latest technologies
• Understand how private armed security companies will be regulated and the implications this will have on your operations: Make sure your private armed security teams work within the realm of the law
• Engage with political decision makers to make sure your industry needs are taken into account when directing future policy
• Have your company’s specific challenges tackled by recognised experts in dedicated 3-hour interactive workshops: Share experiences with your industry peers and access the expert knowledge of your workshop facilitator
• Benefit from hearing from an unparalleled expert speaker panel representing the vast array of key stakeholders all bringing you the latest filtered information to stay one step ahead of the pirates
• Learn key lessons from your peers during dedicated networking time with a room packed with senior security experts from across the global shipping and oil & gas industries
For more information or to register, please visit www.combating-piracy.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t forget your booking code: INTERMANAGER.
Capt. Kuba Szymanski
+44 7624 498 266